Monday, January 14, 2008

The year of living dangerously

This year, I've resolved to do a lot of things for myself. See, last year, I used to promise myself rewards for writing and never follow through. It had gotten to the point that I didn't belive myself. No more. I'm going to do things for me and write outside my comfort zone. Those were my New Year's Resolutions.

And I've already started. I'm taking an online class on Ireland. Why? Because I want to. It sounds interesting. I have no idea when I'll use it, but I'm so excited to be taking it.

I'm working on a story that will fulfill a goal that I've had for two years that I haven't had nerve enough to do. Not this year. Even if I get rejected, I'm going to finish this story and submit.

I'm feeling rather happy about these two resolutions and as I just wrote 3 K, well, I think my muse is happy, too. I feel like I'm getting my groove back on.

What are you doing or planning to do these days to get your groove back on?

Mechele Armstrong aka Lany of Melany Logen
http://www.mechelearmstrong.com/
http://www.melanylogen.com/

4 comments:

Estella said...

I used to sew a lot. Haven't been doing much lately due to time constrictions. I AM going to make time to sew more this year.

Melissa Lopez said...

Ooh...you know I'm dying to see this newest story! :) I can't wait to see what's outside your box.

Well, my goal is to work out with the dh. I know it sounds like real work. But I do want to be healthier and fit.

~Mel

Mechele Armstrong said...

Estella, good for you! Here's to great goals.

Mechele Armstrong said...

Melissa, great goal on being healthier! Here's to making it.