Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Promo day: my last release of 2007



My fourth book in 2007 came out last Thursday -- snuck in right under the wire!

This book stars Layla Whitford as the heroine. She's the character whom all my critique partners want to be -- as one person said, "I wanna be Layla when I grow up." Why? Because she's confident, self-assured, and independent (and funny. Let's not forget funny.) Even though she knows Max Lerner might break her heart, she's willing to take a chance on him.

And what about Max? At first he dismisses Layla. After all, he's the CEO of a software company and she's just a software tester (who are pretty low in the technical class system). Then he meets her and gets to know her and all the so-called rules go out the window. Before you know it, there's some hanky-panky in the Board Room and one night of high-octane sex before all hell breaks loose.

The ending of this one ... I've had people say, "But wait, that's too much of a coincidence." Then I just wait a minute while they work it out in their head. "Oh. I get it. The reason they met was because ... and she didn't think they'd hit it off ... so they ..."

Then I get that Look from the reader, that look I really, really like. "Good job."

Sigh. I think that's why I write, eh?

Here's a link to an excerpt and one to the purchase page. Join Max & Layla for one wild ride....

1 comment:

Estella said...

Sounds like my kind of story.