Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Just in Time for the holidays

Normally, when my turn to blog comes up, I talk about writing, or what can be learned from what I've been reading, or other similar topics. Instead, this month, I'd like to give you a helpful hint for the Thanksgiving/December-holiday-of-choice/New Year's holiday feasting season. There will be office parties, family get-togethers, and all sorts of delicacies laid out to tempt you during the frenetic last-minute shopping. Come January, you'll be wishing you'd eaten less, and taken more time to exercise.

I recently picked up a book called Bikini Boot Camp. (I was looking for a replacement Pilates book, having realized after a few hours of searching that the reason I couldn't find mine was that I'd loaned it to someone, and picked up this instead -- I don't know the authors.) It's non-fiction, in the health and wellness section of the bookstore. The book describes the two-week intensive weight-loss and fitness program at a famous tropical health resort. Every day starts with yoga and meditation, then breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner, with time in the middle somewhere for a cardio workout, Pilates workout, and weight training. There's also questions to ask yourself (and answer) in your journal, and a different home spa treatment, so your skin and hair looks as good as the rest of you feels.

I'm a hugely picky eater, because of food allergies. So I was very excited to find a book filled with foods I could eat (no yeast, and non-dairy alternatives). Best of all, it's yummy food!

Get it now, to be healthy, toned and relaxed before the holidays, or ask for it as a holiday gift to help recover from the season. :-)

No comments: