Monday, October 8, 2007

I feel so writerly

For the past two years, I've been writing where ever I can. Mostly the couch or kitchen table. A few months ago, my hubby saw me trying to get together a package to mail out. He blinked because my stuff was spread across three separate rooms and I had to walk back and forth.

Since then, he's been trying to talk me into setting up an office at home. We finally took the plunge this past weekend, getting a desk.

I still have a lot to set up, but I'm very excited to have my "own space." Yeah, it's shared with both the kids and cat, but LOL it's much more my own than the kitchen table.

Am I any more an author than I was yesterday? Nah, still the same. I just have a spot to do it in. I plan to set it up with my favorite pictures and get some nice feng shui going.

Mechele aka Lany of Melany Logen

3 comments:

Carolan Ivey said...

I finished my first manuscript at the dining room table. Later, in another house, I had a spare room to set up as an office, but do I use it? Rarely. I'm still downstairs in the family room, where all the action is. :)

Mechele Armstrong said...

LOL you know? I am worried that I won't use it as much as I think I will.

For one thing, the room I'm moving my stuff into (from three other rooms) is the cat's room. The dog doesn't go in there. She's gonna be bummed if I stay in there a lot.

The good thing is that I intend to move the kid's homework sessions there and their artwork is already there. And it's accessible and in hearing distance from all over the house.

N.J.Walters said...

There is nothing like having your own space, Mechele, even if it is just a desk and a space. I write in the corner of the living room, but I have a screen that delineates the space--and it's all mine!

Here's to more sucessful writing in your new writer's space!