Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Solstice

Happy Winter Solstice to you all. It officially arrived at 7:04 AM EST.

Today is the shortest day of the year, which means it's the longest night of the year. After today the days will start to get a little bit longer.

Welcome to the official start of winter.

Take some time today to reflect on the year gone by. What have you done? What things did you mean to do that somehow slipped by?

This time of year always makes me stop and think about what I want out of the coming year. This is not about New Year's resolutions, but about checking in with yourself to see if you're living the kind of life that feeds your soul or depletes it. If it's the later, then it's time to think about changes.

Me, I want to open my life up a bit more. I've always been a stay-at-home kinda gal, but working at home as a writer these past few years has really closed off my life in many ways. I need to get out there in the world, take a course of some kind, meet new people...something. I'm still thinking about it.

Whatever your circumstances in this tumultuous world, I hope the holiday season brings you joy and peace. And may the you find light and happiness to your life in the days ahead.

No comments: