Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our dreams tell us what to do ...

I decided to run for a national office (RWA, not 'real' politics), and last night I dreamed about being at a board meeting and talking to people there. I didn't really see the faces in my dream, but I remember thinking, "gee, if these are the Real Published People, then I'm okay, because I can understand what they're saying and I feel good being here' or feelings to that effect.

There was a bit of stress in the dream: I was supposed to fill out some forms or something, and I did but wasn't sure I did them right (I think this was crossover from entering an online contest earlier and waiting to see if my entry was received).

Anyway, I woke this morning and decided that maybe my dream was saying "go for it". I can still back out before 'officially' filing my papers. Or maybe it's saying I need to sleep on it some more. I'll let it percolate in the back of my brain for a few days and see if other thoughts come to me in dreamland. I've got a bunch of back-to-back travel planned from now until the end of August, so I won't have much time to contemplate, agonize, or reconsider. I'll decide, move ahead, and not look back.

Hmm. Not a bad plan ....

No comments: