Tuesday, March 11, 2008

StellarCon is this weekend

From Karen McCullough, http://www.kmccullough.com

For any of you in the Greensboro-High Point, North Carolina area, I’ll be a guest at StellarCon this weekend. I’d love to see anyone who’s in the area!

This is the description of the con from their web site: Stellarcon is a general fantasy, science fiction, horror, and comics fiction convention held in High Point, NC. Drawing an average of 500 fans each year, we have an intimate convention setting where you can sit and relax with fans and guests alike. You won’t find long lines for events or autographs here. More information on the con is available at its web site: http://www.stellarcon.org/home

The panels I’ve been assigned to (with their descriptions) are:

By the Light of the Moon-- Lycanthropes and vampires have a certain draw. This panel will discuss the mysticism, the myths, and the facts.

Battle of Serenity – No description, but when I asked about it I was told that it was indeed a panel to discuss Firefly/Serenity. WhooHoo! I get to yammer on about one of my favorite TV series ever.

How to Annoy Your Publisher -- Boot Camp for New Writers: Things you shouldn’t do as a new writer.

Artists vs. Authors Pictionary - Artists have the edge for the drawing, authors with the words. Who will win?? Can I admit I’m a bit nervous about this one? I’m not all that great at the game anyway. Competing with actual artists? I’m so dead.

Fear in Fiction -- Horror, suspense, thriller, you name it:people like to be scared. Why? How does one write to induce fear and not disgust and cheese?

There are lots of other great panels, too, and I plan to take in as many as possible. It should be fun, so why not plan to stop by?

No comments: